If I’m recalling correctly, these are the books we wanted to consider for November.
Living my Life, Volume 1 by Emma Goldman: http://a.co/fr5VMOJ
The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas, Gertrude Stein: http://a.co/bvjh7jy
January 2017 Alycia – The Castle of Otranto, Horace Walpole http://a.co/haE9Rjq
February 2017 Amber –Lud in the Mist, Hope Mirrlees http://a.co/awrzX0o
March 2017 Chelsea – Thud!: A Novel of Discworld, Terry Pratchett http://a.co/3P9NJ3c
April 2017 Liz – Strangers in Their Own Land: Anger and Mourning on the American Right, Arlie Russell Hochschild http://a.co/2aTS2Uf
May 2017 – Karen –The Silent Sister: A Novel, Diane Chamberlain http://a.co/3qUGCYa
June 2017 Devan –Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murderers and the Birth of the FBI, David Grann http://a.co/j7TYrnc
July 2017 – Chelsea – The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary, Simon Winchester http://a.co/550AkZi
August 2017 – Amber – The Godfather, Mario Puzo et al. http://a.co/gS0SsSX
September 2017 – Steve – The Foundling: The True Story of a Kidnapping, a Family Secret, and My Search for the Real Me, Paul Joseph Fronczak et al. http://a.co/iutnmla
October 2017 – Alycia – The Philosophy of Andy Warhol: From A to B and Back Again, Andy Warhol http://a.co/dgEpbkc
November 2017 – Devan – Esperanza Rising, Pam Munoz Ryan http://a.co/4gOhcR0
December 2017 GRAPHIC NOVEL –Karen – Nimona, Noelle Stephenson http://a.co/9nKPfth
I am a terrible updater.
Nimona (in book club list) is our book for December. I also suggested Fun Home as an option http://a.co/hg8mVzr
You are making me work, guys!
Liz’s Suggested Book: 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works–A True Story, Dan Harris http://a.co/d92AnnW
Steve’s Suggested Books:
1. The Foundling was chosen, info in the selected books tab.
2. Murder at Rocky Point Park: Tragedy in Rhode Island’s Summer Paradise (True Crime), Kelly Sullivan Pezza http://a.co/4QNIqJQ
3. Adnan’s Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial, Rabia Chaudry http://a.co/fep4wjE
Suggested Reading: The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood http://a.co/gv6TqGx
Chelsea’s Suggestions (July)
Get Well Soon: History’s Worst Plagues and the Heroes Who Fought Them by Jennifer Wright http://a.co/bO5y6fJ
Amber’s Suggestions (August)
1. Silent Sister: A Novel by Diane Chamberlain
2. The Sympathizer: A Novel by Viet Thanh Nguyen
3. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
1. Strangers in Their Own Land by Arlie Hochschild (a look into the Tea Party movement and the broader disenfranchisement of white lower/middle class Americans. Selected for April book club.)
2. Get in Trouble by Kelly Link (short stories, author speaking at Mission Creek Festival in IC this spring.)
3. Flash Boys by Michael Lewis (insight into Wall Street corruption, written by author of The Big Short.)